Ethiopian Grade 8 Chemistry TextBook [Download PDF]. However, teachers and students must download the guide books for better examination purposes. The Grade 8 Chemistry book is provided by the Ethiopian Ministry Of Education (MOE) for free.
Published E.C. 2006 by the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Education, under the General Education Quality Improvement Project (GEQIP) supported by IDA Credit No. 4535-ET, the Fast Track Initiative Catalytic Fund and the Governments of Finland, Italy, Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Ethiopian Grade 8 Chemistry TextBook
In Grade 7 Unit 2, you have learned about substances. Form groups and discuss the following.
- 1 What are compounds and how are they classified?
- 2 Assume that you are given two compounds (water and alcohol) in two different containers. Explain how you could distinguish between these two substances.
- 3 What are the differences between elements, compounds and mixtures?
After the group discussion, choose a group representative to present the group’s opinion to the class.
After completing this section, you will be able to:
- tell that compounds are classified as organic and inorganic;
- define organic chemistry as the study of carbon-containing compounds, and
- define inorganic chemistry as the study of non-carbon-containing compounds.
Grade 8 Chemistry TextBook Content
UNIT 1:: Classification of Compounds
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Organic compounds
- 1.3 Inorganic Compounds
UNIT 2:: Some Important Metals
- 2.1 General properties of metals
- 2.2 Sodium and potassium
- 2.3 Magnesium and calcium
- 2.4 Aluminium
- 2.5 Iron
- 2.6 Copper and silver
- 2.7 Gold, platinum, and tantalum
- 2.8 Alloys
UNIT 3:: Some Important Non-metals
- 3.1 General Properties of Non-metals
- 3.2 Carbon
- 3.3 Nitrogen
- 3.4 Phosphorus
- 3.5 Oxygen
- 3.6 Sulphur
- 3.7 Uses of Common Compounds of Non-metals
UNIT 4:: Environmental Chemistry
- 4.1 Air
- 4.2 Water
- 4.3 Soil
- 4.4 Fuels
UNIT 5:: Calculations Based on Formulas
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Atomic mass, Molecular mass and Formula mass
- 5.3 The Mole Concept
- 5.4 Percentage Composition of Compounds
- 5.5 Determination of Formulas
- Unit Review
Download Ethiopian Grade 8 Chemistry TextBook [PDF]
|Purpose||Student Text Book|
|Date of Uploaded||June 15, 2020|