In Grade 11, the History subject is one of the most important subjects in the Social Science stream. Therefore, the Ethiopian Ministry of education provides the Grade 11 History TextBook for students. Students can download the Grade 11 History TextBook in a PDF file for academic study purposes.
Grade 11 History TextBook
The main objective is to develop understanding and acquire knowledge of • Pre-history, history, importance, and key elements in studying history. • Evolution of human beings and the different species of the genus homo.
UNIT ONE: HISTORY AND THE HISTORIAN’S CRAFT
- 1.1. The Meaning and Use
- 1.2. Key Elements in the Study history
- 1.3. The Study of Ethiopian History.„
- 1.4. Periodization in History.
UNIT TWO: EARLY DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN BEINGS
- 2.1. Theories of the Origin of Human Beings
- 2.2. Human Evolution
- 2.3. Early Cultural Development.
UNIT THREE: THE ANCIENT WORLD
- 3.1. Emergence of States…..
- 3.2. Ancient World Civilazion
- 3.3. Christianity.
UNIT FOUR: THE MEDIEVAL PERIOD OR MIDDLE AGES
- 4.1. Europe During the Middle Ages
- 4.2. The Byzantine Empire
- 4.3. The Rise and Expansion of Islam.
- 4.4. Medieval Society.
- 4.5. The Middle Ages in the Far East
- 4.6. The Development of Early Capitalism in the Middle Ages
UNIT FIVE: THE ETHIOPIAN REGION AND THE HORN OF AFRICA UP TO 1270
- 5.1. People and Languages of the Ethiopia Region and the Horn of
- 5.2. The Aksumite Kingdom
- 5.3. The Zagwe Dynasty
UNIT SIX: THE TRANSITION FROM MEDIEVAL TO MODERN PERIOD
- 6.1. The Renaissance: A Rebirth of
- 6.2. The Reformation..
- 6.3. The Rise of Absolute Monarchs and the National States
- 6.4. European Expansion Over Seas
UNIT SEVEN: THE ETHIOPIAN REGION AND HORN OF AFRICA up TO 1529
- 7. 1. FRestoration” of the Solomonic Dynasty and the Christian Highland Kingdom…..
- 7.2. Muslim Sates in the Ethiopian Region and the Hom Of Africa up to 1529……
- 7.3. Omotic Sates in the Ethiopian Region and Hom of Africa up to 1529
- 7 A. Hegemony of the Christian Highland Kingdom in the Ethiopian Region and the Hom of Africa to 1529
UNIT EIGHT: MAJOR EVENTS OF THE 16TH CENTURY ETHIOPIAN REGION AND THE HORN OF AFRICA AND THEIR IMPACTS
- 8. 1. Portuguese and Ottoman Turkish Rivalries in the Ethiopian Region and the Horn of Africa
- 8.2. Conflicts Between the Sultanate of Adal and the Highland Christian Kingdom
- 8.3. Oromo Population Movement
UNIT NINE: THE ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIAN HIGHLAND KINGDOM (4543 1855)
- 9.1. Attempts to Consolidate end Shift the Political Centre of the Highland Christian Kingdom
- 9.2. Catholicization and Civil Wars
- 9.3. The Gondar Period (1636- 1739)
- 9.4. The Zemene Mesafint (The Era of the Lords)
UNIT TEN: CAPITALISM AND THE GROWTH OF DEMOCRACY
- 10.1 China and Japan in the and 17th
- 10.2. The English Revolution
- 10.3. The Enlightenment
- 10.4. The American War Of Independence
- 10.5. The French Revolution
- 10.6. The Napoleonic Era (1799 – 1855) and Its Consequences
- 10.7 The Industrial Revolution.
- 10.8. The Age of Reaction (1815 – 1848)
UNIT ELEVEN: PEOPLES AND STATES IN PRE-COLONIAL AFRICA (1000 • 1884)
- 11.1. North Africa
- 11.2. Western Africa (Western Sudan)
- 11.3. Equatorial, Eastern and South-Eastern Africa.
- 11.4 Southern Africa.
- 11.5 The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
Ethiopian Grade 11 History Students TextBook PDF
By downloading the grade 11 History textbook, the learner will be able to collect historical data and use sources of history, Practice dating and periodization events in history, and Demonstrate the archeological sites of hominids.
|Date of Uploaded||June 15, 2020|
|Last Updated||June 15, 2020|