Selale University is a newly established public university located in Ethiopia specifically situated at “Fiche” town. It is the administrative centre of the Semien Shewa Zone of Oromiya Region and separate woreda. Selale University was established in July 2016 as per the Proclamation article/no.359/2008.
Salale University is comprised of five colleges and thirty programs in the undergraduate program. The colleges are Business and Economics, Social Sciences and Humanities, Agriculture and Natural Resource, Natural sciences and Health Sciences.
The university is located at Fitche, 114km away from the capital Addis Ababa, in North Shewa Zone of Oromia Regional State, Ethiopia.
The university has three campuses viz. General Tadesse Birru (main) Campus, AbebechGobena (Health Science) Campus and Ganda Farda Campus which is under construction.
The admission into regular undergraduate courses is done through based on results of the Ethiopian Higher Education Entrance Certificate Examination (EHEECE), the choice of the student and the capacity of Departments/Schools/Centers.
Selale University published year wise and semester wise examination results for new and old students. However, students can check their results by collecting the grade report from the University office. Students must have paid their due fees before collecting their grade reports.
Samara University shall normally operate based on an academic calendar that is prepared by the office of the registrar and endorsed by the university senate.
With its 201 academic and 310 administrative staff, the university runs 19 programs/departments under five colleges. There are 422 and 845 students in regular and extension programs, respectively.
1. College of Agriculture and Natural Resource
- BSc in Agricultural Economics
- BSc in Plant Science
- BSc in Animal Science
- BSc in Horticulture
- BSc in Natural Resource Management
- BSc in Rural Development and Agricultural Extension
- BSc in Irrigation and Water Resource Management
2. College of Business and Economics
- BA in Accounting and Finance
- BA in Economics
- BA in Management
- BA in Marketing Management
3. College of Health Sciences
- BSc in Public Health Officer
- BSc in Nursing
- BSc in Midwifery
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Science
4. College of Natural and Computational Sciences
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Physics
- BSc in Mathematics
- BSc in Geology
- BSc in Statistics
5. College of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Afan Oromo and Literature
- Amharic Language and Literature
- Civics and Ethical Education
- English Language and Literature
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- History and Heritage Management
- Social Anthropology
In addition to the above-mentioned programs, the university shall open additional undergraduate programs including Medicine, Engineering, and Law in the near future. Moreover, postgraduate programs in selected fields will be launched in the coming years.
- Public and External Relations Directorate
- Yeshimebet Bogale (PhD)
- Assistant Professor of Documentary Linguistics and Culture
- Director of Public and External Relations
Salale University Contacts
- Office Tel : 01-18-73-72-56
- Mobile: 0911 04 29 82
- Email address: email@example.com
- P.O.Box: 245
- Official Website: www.slu.edu.et