Hawassa University is one of the public University in Ethiopia currently rank #4 across the country. It is a residential national university in Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia. Currently, the Hawassa University offers Under Graduate programs, Post Graduate programs and PhD programs.
During Academic year 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 the Hawassa University stood 2nd rank in Ethiopian Gov’t Universities Competition for the 2nd time in a stretch.
HU operates 9 Colleges and 2 Institutes (Institute of Technology, IOT and Institute of Policy and Development Research, IPDR). HU offers 81 undergraduate programs, 108 Masters programs, and 16 PhD programs. In March 2018, the student population was 48,558.
In general, the Admission and Registration of Kiremt Students started in the month of July. CDED and Kiremt (Summer) Programs Kiremt Semester students must check the latest admission process from the university portal.
All new students looking for admission in Hawassa University must download the Admission Application form before applying for any courses.
- Admission to the Graduate Program: a candidate who has a high scholastic standing, whose professional experience has been superior and who has received good recommendations shall be given priority for admission.
- Admission requirements for the masters degree programs: The applicant must have completed the academic requirements for the bachelor degree in the specific/related fields of study from recognized higher education institutions.
Enrollment and registration
- Application for admission into the graduate program is normally processed before the beginning of each academic semester year.
- Every graduate student must be registered at the beginning of each semester in order to keep enrollment active.
Hawassa University Online Portal sis.hu.edu.et
All new and running students must have their own account in HU Online Portal or Hawassa University Student portal. If any student does not have an account then must create a new account at sis.hu.edu.et portal.
Students of Hawassa University can log in into the portal using their ID number or registration and password. Due to the lack of technical resources the online portal, no response most of the time. However, the university working hard to upgrade its online student portal.
The following information is required to register into the portal for new students.
Student name, Father Name, Grand Father Name, Admission Number / SA Code,
Mobile Number (Required for SMS notification) Email, and Password
Hawassa University grade Online Grade Result
The University allows students to check their semester examination result online. Hawassa University publishes the student academic report in the form of a grading system. See also Hawassa University Grading System.
Online grade reporting system:
To check Hawassa University Online grade reporting system, all Student must log in into the Student Information System
- Step 1) Go to sis.hu.edu.et
- Step 2) Click on “Student login”
- Step 3) Use your Id number or Registration no and password to log in.
- Username is the ID of the student.
- Password is the SA code or the grandfather name of the student.
- * SA (System Access) code is code given to the students to access the system that is found on the registration slip.
- Step 4) Click on the student grade report
- Step 5) Download or Save your grade report.
Its basic uses are printing a different kind of reports as needed like the ad-hoc reports and regular reports such as the registration slip, grade report, student list, student copy, student placement for the dormitory and many more.
Social Medical Link