Download PDF for Grade 11 Biology Textbook For Ethiopian Students 2020. The Ethiopian Ministry of education provides the Grade 11 Biology TextBook for students and teachers. Therefore candidates can download this book and may use it as a reference for their study purpose.
Biology is a life science that allows students to acquire knowledge and understanding about themselves and the organisms in their environment. It allows students to appreciate the harmony, contrast, and beauty of nature around them.
Grade 11 Biology Textbook
Biology as an experimental science involves critical thinking, reasoning and problem-solving in everyday contexts. Biology has special relevance to students as individuals, to the society and to the growth and development of Ethiopia at large.
Unit 1 The science of biology 1
- 1.1 The methods of science 2
- 1.2 The tools of a biologist 15
- 1.3 The relevance and promise of biological science 25
- 1.4 Biology and HIV/AIDS 30
Unit 2 Biochemical molecules 42
- 2.1 Inorganic and organic molecules 42
- 2.2 Inorganic molecules 43
- 2.3 Organic molecules 52
Unit 3 Enzymes 79
- 3.1 Nature of enzymes 80
- 3.2 Functions of enzymes 88
- 3.3 Factors affecting the functions of enzymes 93
Unit 4 Cell biology 111
- 4.1 Cell theory 112
- 4.2 Types of cells 121
- 4.3 Parts of the cell and their functions 125
Unit 5 Energy transformation 151
- 5.1 Respiration 152
- 5.2 How do plants harness light energy in photosynthesis? 170
Download Grade 11 Biology Textbook For Ethiopian Students [PDF]
By downloading the grade 11 biology textbook, the learner will know and be able to interpret and apply biological, technological and environmental knowledge.