Grade 10 English Syllabus 2020 [PDF] Ethiopian: Any Ethiopian students or teachers can download the Grade 10 English Syllabus 2020 in PDF for the upcoming examination. As a matter of fact, the Grade 10 English Syllabus may help students for better examination preparation. In general, grade 10 English examination is conducted in the respective government and private schools in Ethiopian.
The main changes to the previous English syllabus are:
- The content has been reduced and teachers should be able to cover the content in the allotted time.
- The syllabus is based on minimum learning competencies for each grade against which students will be assessed. Each unit provides the content and activities needed to build up students’ competency.
- There is spiral progression throughout the four grades of secondary: the four language skills, grammatical and vocabulary items and other language components are taught at increasing levels of difficulty and sophistication within the topic areas. This spiral progression is demonstrated in the minimum learning competences and the topic flow chart.
- The content is relevant to all students whether they are leaving school after grade 10, continuing to grades 11 and 12 or moving into the vocational stream.
Grade 10 English Syllabus
In grade 10 the students have 4 periods of English a week. The syllabus contains 12 units and each unit is divided into 11 periods. There should also be two revision units (each of two periods each), one at the end of each semester. This makes a total of 136 periods. The aim of the revision units is twofold. The teacher has the opportunity to recycle language and assess students against the competencies.
- Grade 10 (4 periods a week)
- Units 1-12 11 periods (each)
- Revision units 4 periods (in total)
- Total periods 136
The syllabus for grades 9 and 10 also presumes that when they finish, most students will continue to use English, either in grades 11 and 12, at college or in the world of work.
Skills For clarity of focus each unit of the syllabus is broken up into Listening Speaking Reading Writing Additional Learning Strategies.
Download Grade 10 English Syllabus PDF
|Purpose||Teacher and Student Guideline|
|Date of Uploaded||13th June 2017|
|Last Updated||13th June 2017|